Welcome to the official website of the KyrMedu project: Advancing University Education in Biomedical Engineering and Health Management in Kyrgyzstan.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.
Aims and objectives¶
The KyrMedu project aims to advance healthcare education in Kyrgyzstan. The KyrMedu partners are therefore going to develop study programmes (curricula) for medical engineering and informatics with a focus on healthcare economics.
Training labs provide students (the future members of staff in hospitals) with the possibility to learn about the specific needs of healthcare equipment. In addition, they can also get to know the respective medical IT systems. The KyrMedu project will give students the chance to access real medical devices and thus gives them the opportunity to autonomously operate and maintain these devices.
With a strong focus on self-directed learning, the KyrMedu project strives for sustainability beyond the project's duration (36 months, end of 2015 - end of 2018).
- Westsaxon University of Applied Sciences Zwickau (WHZ), Germany
- Technical University of Cluj-Napoca (TUCN; Universitatea Tehnica din Cluj-Napoca), Romania
- University of Zagreb, Faculty of Organization and Informatics (UZ-FOI), Croatia
- Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transport and Architecture named after N. Isanov (KSUCTA), Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I.Razzakov (KSTU), Kyrgyzstan
- I.K. Akhunbaev Kyrgyz State Medical Academy (KSMA), Kyrgyzstan
- Osh State University (OSU), Kyrgyzstan
- Naryn State University named after S.Naamatov (NSU), Kyrgyzstan
- Issykkul State University named after K.Tynystanov (IKSU), Kyrgyzstan
- Talas State University (TalSU), Kyrgyzstan